Most of us are admittedly TV junkies, we care so much about our TV’S good reception; it is almost an addiction. Fortunately, finding good reception is easy and quick these days, even in an RV in the middle of no where. You only need to have the right device. A good RV antenna needs to have specific qualities.
A part from good reception, the RV antenna should be complimented by ease of installation and operation plus portability. There are other minor considerations too; for instance space, safety, weight, noise, and storage fall under this category.
In this review, we feature the top-most performing RV antennas; we explore their features and specifications as well as their pros and cons.
Best TV Antenna Review 2020
Winegard RT2000T Road Trip T4 In-Motion RV Satellite Dish
- Fully automatic roof mounted antenna with one button on/off operation
- Watch live programming while traveling down the road
- Quiet system with improved tracking, updated design reduces noise and improves tracking
- Winegard's smallest in-motion antenna, requires minimal roof space and no storage space
- Color: White
If you are a fan of road trips and TV, this is your device. Winegard RT2000T enables you to watch all your favorite programs while on transit. It’s easy to operate, with only one button -- on/off, you only need to mount it on the roof and you are set. The Antenna is fully automated; you don’t need to adjust anything.
Winegard RT2000T is the smallest road-trip device under the brand. Besides having a quiet system, it’s an upgraded device which consistently improves tracking and minimizes noise. You don’t need any storage space, just a tiny space for installation on the roof.
Features and Specifications
Winegard RT2000T package comes with a power cable – 25ft, 3x mounting feet and the Antenna. Its maximum receiver ability is 2. Its compatible satellite suppliers include Bell SD and HD, Direct SD and HD, and Dish SD and HD. It accommodates Direct TV Satellites 101 or 119, Bell TV Satellites 91 or 82 and Dish Satellites 101, 119 and 129.
· Easy to install
· Easy to operate
· The plastic dome is UV protected
· Winegard’s dealer support is large and offers complimentary Email and phone support
· You have a 2 years warranty on parts and 1 year labour
Winegard RZ-6035 Rayzar z1 RV TV Antenna (HD, Digital, 4K Ready, ATSC 3.0 Ready)
- Optimal UHF reception with strong High-Band VHF allows you to catch your favorite broadcast channels wherever you go
- Streamlined design with minimal footprint is not only smaller and shorter (8.4"), but the modern design compliments every RV
- Effortless rotation and no cranking required, easily replaces existing antenna unit or head with minimal effort
- Antenna and mounting equipment included
Whether you are installing an antenna on your RV for the first time or replacing, Winegard RZ 6035 offers Optimum UHF reception regardless of where you are. You never have to miss your preferred broadcasts as Rayzar z1 is a High-Band UHF antenna/ VHF that supports your viewing wherever you are.
Winegard RZ 6035’s new design is smaller but works on all RVS. It has a modernized (smaller) design that has minimal footprint which is what compliments all RV. It doesn’t require cranking, the setup is effortless.
Features and Specifications
You have two options while purchasing Rayzar z1, you can opt for the unit to only have the antenna head and adaptor or you can get the whole set. Since Rayzar z1 is compatible with several other devices, you can fix the power and wiring together with your existing device or replace the whole set.
Rayzar z1 is installed on the RV’s roof permanently just like Sensar antennas (mounting accessories are enclosed). You operate it using an interior handlebar assembly. You need to trace the tower locations and turn the device towards that direction.
A further scan needs to be done on the TV to scan the received channels. The channels receivable include ION, Azteca, Telemundo, Univision, The CW, This TV and several others alongside the major networks like FOX, PBS and NBC. Note, these channel’s availability is affected by the distance between your home and the broadcast tower and location.
· Versatility – Rayzar z1 can be purchasd as a complimentary set to an existing set or as a complete set
· You get access to multiple channels
· Rayzar z1 works with any device as long as it has ATSC tuner
· It can also work with analog sets though you need to have the digital to analog converter box together with the antenna.
· Not portable – it’s fixed permanently
· It can prove hectic to search channels – reception is not automatic
· It can connect to multiple TV sets.
KING OA1501 OmniGo Portable Omnidirectional HDTV RV Antenna
- Omnidirectional over-the-air antenna brings you HDTV for free
- Multi-directional signal acquisition (no pointing required) receives free VHF/UHF/FM signals
- Portable and compact; no installation required and easy to pack for travel
- Always ready with simple setup - no tuning needed
- Amplified for best signal
KING needs no introduction; being one of the champion brands for over the air technology, we expect top-notch gadgets. KING OA1501 OmniGo Portable Omnidirectional HDTV RV Antenna is one it’s best innovations. With this RV Antenna, you get to enjoy free TV anywhere you go.
With this multidirectional RV Antenna, you do not need to search for channels, you simply mount the antenna and it will do the rest for you. If you are an ardent traveller, this Antenna should be your companion. It’s easy to package, compact and easily portable.
KING OA1501 OmniGo Portable Omnidirectional HDTV Antenna doesn’t require installation. Get rid of satellite contract plus cable bills and watch all your favorite shows free of charge. The device doesn’t need adjustment since it’s a multi-directional HDTV antenna.
Features and Specifications
KING OA1501 OmniGo Portable Omnidirectional HDTV Antenna is a complete set. The Antenna comprises of a tri-pod stand, power supply and injector and a tripod stand (collapsible), and a motor vehicle magnet mount. The set also includes a 25’ coax cable and 12V alternative power cord.
It receives FM, VHF AND UHF. It’s suitable for RV and travel trailer, camping homes, backyard parties, toy hailers and fifth wheel. You can carry all your TV programming to whichever destination you desire. KING OA1501 OmniGo HDTV Antenna is UV-protected, water proof and rust resistant.
Once powered, KING OA1501 OmniGo Antenna scans and searches for any available signal within your area. You don’t need to move, rotate or adjust the antenna to find stations; the antenna will navigate and offer you the best TV reception.
· Strong/amplified signal
· Convenient to travel with – compact and easily portable
· Easy to setup – does not need adjustments
· Quality TV reception
· Isolated connectivity issues
Winegard PA-6002 Company PA6002 Pathway RV Satellite Antenna
- Brand: Winegard Company
- Part Number: PA6002
- Pathway Satellite Antenna
All over the USA, Winegard PA-6002 enables you to access all your favorite channels. By using Pathway X2, it accesses any dish satellite regardless of where you are. It’s meant for stationary use and has a maximum receiver capability of 2.
The beautiful thing about Winegard PA-6002 is that you can connect an additional receiver and get two times programming. It’s easy and quick to install because all you need to do is dictate your state and it will sort the rest. The pathway antennas do not need power cables; you use one wire because they are powered via the coax cable from the satellite receiver.
Winegard PA-6002 is also compatible with ‘Dish pay-as-you-go programming’. You get more channels and you don’t have to worry about having to connect two TV’S. You get to enjoy watching whatever you desire.
Features and Specifications
Winegard PA-6002 has a diameter of 21 Inches and weighs 16lbs. Its elevation ranges between 15 to 65 and its reflector is 18 Inches large. Its satellite acquisition is automated and uses pathway X2 to hook an extra receiver so you can get double the programming.
Dish is the compatible satellite provider for Winegard PA-6002. Dish satellites applicable are 110 degrees, 119 and 129 degrees orbitals and 61.5 degrees, 72.7 and 77 degrees Eastern Arc. The dish receivers are Solo HD for instance 211, 211k, 211z, 411, and also Wally receivers. For multiple receivers, you must watch programming from the same satellite.
· Automated: no setting or adjusting needed
· Using Pathway X2 enables you get X 2 the programming
· Winegard PA-6002 is not portable
· Installation can be an issue
Wrapping up -- Which RV Antenna is best?
A TV Antenna is not one of those devices that one size fits all. It will be deceiving to tell you a particular choice is the best. What we can do to help you make the right decision is to guide you on how to make the right choice. Even with this guide, you may still have to do a few tests.
Before we get to the step by step guide, first note that the best fit Antenna will depend on your preferred channels and where you live. Secondly, you need to decide whether you want a portable or a stationery antenna.
With that in mind; consider this:
Does it auto-connect? A good Antenna does not require you to adjust. It should be as simple as plug and watch.
Is it clear? Why would you want a noisy, shaky signal? Get an Antenna that clears the noise and offers channel stability so you don’t keep scanning and looking for channels all the time.
What is its range? You need an Antenna whose range avails your choice channels. You will only enjoy TV if it has your favorite programming.
Finally, we would advise you buy from a trusted brand to get all rounded customer support. Best of luck as you find your perfect Antenna.
Winner Best RV Antenna 2020 = Winegard Roadtrip In-motion RV Satellite