A hydration bladder is simply a place to store a large amount of water that is easily transportable. They come in all shapes and sizes. From pouches you can put in your pocket to backpacks which have bladders hidden inside of them there are multiple choices and we can only see more models making their way onto the market!
World-renowned brands such as CamelBak and Berghaus now offer these bladders at incredible prices and are constantly innovating their models to be more efficient when on the go. Having a backpack which can carry up to 20 liters of water could be a life saver for anyone who likes to take long walks, bike rides or simply needs to keep hydrated throughout the day.
We have gone over all of the different options you can pick up on the Amazon marketplace, their features, price, pros, cons and much more to compile a list of what we believe to be the top 10 Hydrations Bladders available. Instead of spending a whole day on the sofa trying to pick the right one for you. We’ve done all the searching a got all the information you need in one place. By the end of this piece, you should be able to confidently pick a hydration bladder and be excited about its arrival.
List Of The Best Hydration Backpacks In 2017
- 1 CamelBak M.U.L.E Hydration Pack
- 2 Osprey Packs Kids Moki (1.5)
- 3 CamelBak Lobo Hydration Pack
- 4 Blackhawk! Titan Hydration Pack
- 5 Source Tactical Advance Mobility Hydration Pack
- 6 Forward Hydration Pack
- 7 Sportsun Hydration Backpack
- 8 FlyHawk Hydration Backpack
- 9 Source Hydration Carrier Case
- 10 Deuter Streamer 2-liter Hydration Reservoir
The CamelBak M.U.L.E is first on your list and one of the best Hydration bladders available. This model comes inside of a Backpack and gives the user the ability to take water, or a drink of their choice on the go with them at all times. Even if you’re just on your way to work with some important documents the only thing you;’ll need is the impressive, multi-function backpack. Costing Consumers around $80 this product offers impressive value for money and is packed with impressive features that will be appreciated by the user.
- The iconic M.U.L.E is the perfect balance of cargo and hydration in a feature-rich, narrow-gauge design
- Antidote reservoir features Quick Link system, easy open/close cap, lightweight fill port, Dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design
- Key pack features: xv back panel, magnetic tube trap, bike tool organizer pocket, four-point compression, helmet hooks
- Designed to carry helmet, Multi-tool, pump, Spare tube, extra layer, lunch, phone, keys
- Three interior slip pockets. Three exterior pockets.
- Perfect amount of Space left for Hydration bladder without eradicating its use as a backpack.
- XV Back Panel
- Three interior slip pockets and three exterior pockets.
- A bike tool organizer
- Helmet hooks
- Four point compression
- 4-ounce capacity (2.88 liters)
- High quality, well thought through design that will benefit the user in many ways. Whether they’re going on a bike ride or a hike there is enough spare room and hidden pockets to store everything you’ll need throughout the trip.
- Price, to say that this is a well-known brand and you get a 2-in-one backpack, and Hydration bladder the $80 price tag is unbelievable.
- Customer reviews, with 85% of 206 customers on the Amazon marketplace giving this product a 5-star rating there is no doubt in our mind that people have been impressed with their new backpack. Only 4% of users rated this product as 3 stars or less which is a makes the CamelBak trustworthy and one of the highest rated products in this market.
- Shoulder straps aren’t the biggest if you are a big person you may want to go to a store and try this on before making the purchase. Although it should be fine for most people.
- When filled with water and other items the bag is quite heavy.
CamelBak has done a great job of creating a cost effective yet good quality backpack/Hydration bladder. WE can only see these products becoming more popular so you may want to pick one up before they sell out! Especially at the amazing price of $80.
Trying to pick a good Hydration bladder/backpack combo for your kids there are a few good options. Osprey has created one of the greatest in its 1.5 liter Moki. We are really impressed with the quality of this product and could see that the Osprey team have worked incredibly hard to jam a load of useful features into this backpack.
If you’re looking for a way to get your kids to become more active this could be the perfect start! Put some Lunch in their backpack, as well as filling up the Bladder and go on a nice bike ride. There is a guarantee you’ll never become dehydrated with this pack, and thanks to the large amounts of spare space you can take more than enough food on your trip also!
- Made using Polyester triple diamond ripstop.
- 5-liter Hydration Bladder.
- Blinker light attachment near the base, you can attach a light to ensure your child is always visible.
- External pockets.
- Panel load access.
- Great safety features including the ability to attach a light to the backpack, this is great for when your planning a long trip with your little one and ensures they will be visible at all times.
- High-quality build material means that’s this product is hard to damage and shouldn’t need replacing for a year!
- Enough space to store food, clothes and anything else you may want to take on a day out.
- Thanks to the 5-liter Hydration bladder you can easily have a drink on the go without having to bring multiple bottles/containers.
- Perfect size for any child and comes In at only $50.
- Could be slightly too heavy if the reservoir is full and there are lots of other items in the bag; although in most cases it’s completely fine.
It was actually rather difficult for us to try and pick any faults with this product. It seems as if consumers were also extremely impressed with the quality and overall usability of their product also. Receiving no less than a 4-star rating on Amazon is something that Osprey should be proud of. The Moki has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars and an unbelievable 96% of reviews gave this Backpack a 5-star rating! If you’re looking for a backpack/Bladder combination for your little one then we must admit it will be hard to find one better than the Osprey!
- Hydraulics lt 1.5L reservoir included reservoir included providing on the go hydration
- Front shove-it pocket for Quick, on-the-go storage
- The blinker light attachment found near the base of the front panel of the pack allows for Quick light attachment for high visibility in the dark
- Small external pocket keeps gear organized and items like snacks and Sunscreen accessible
- Panel load access provides easy way to load and unload gear
The second product on our list that has been brought to you by CamelBak is another great example of an incredible value for money yet long lasting Backpack/Bladder combination. There are six different color combinations available although they will all do the same thing.
This has been branded perfectly for anybody who doesn’t carry much gear but wants to have constant hydration throughout the trip. Below you can find some of the key features, pro’s, con’s and a bit more information about the CamelBak Lobo.
- Made using 100% Nylon.
- External fill dual compression.
- Helmet Hooks.
- Specifically designed to carry essentials such as Phone, Wallet, Keys, Spare Tube and much more!
- Three exterior pockets.
- Bike Tool
- This is a well built, high-quality product. Ideal for anyone looking to enhance their overall exercise experience, increase their storage and always having a drink on the go!
- Price, because this 2-in-one backpack is only $70 you will feel more than happy with the product you receive.
- CamelBak guarantee that none of their products contain any BPA or any other harmful chemicals that can usually be found in plastics.
- 28-liter Hydration Bladder should be more than enough to ensure you have enough water to last your trip, plus you can refill at any time.
- Although there is a bit of room to store other items, other models offer much more space when compared to the Lobo.
- Slightly heavier than other models and when filled with water could be a bit much for some people. Although the extra weight is forgotten when having a drink on your way up a hill!
There’s no doubt that this would be a great addition to any hiker, or bikes daily equipment. Even if you’re just going to work on your bike you will still benefit from the ability to have a drink whenever you desire without stopping! The $70 price tag is really good considering this product has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- The lobo is ideal for the rider who values external fill access to hydration and carries less gear
- Antidote reservoir features Quick Link system, easy open/close cap, lightweight fill port, Dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design
- Key pack features: magnetic tube trap, external fill, dual compression, bike tool organizer pocket, helmet hooks
- Designed to carry Multi-tool, pump, Spare tube, phone, wallet, keys, energy bar
- Camelbak Got your Bak guarantee: if we build it, we'll Bak it with our lifetime guarantee
Blackhawk has clearly thought through every element of this fantastic 2-in-one Backpack/Hydration Bladder. Everything from the features to the design has been specifically picked to benefit the user in every way possible.
There are 3 different colors available, Plain Black, Coyote Tan, and Olive Drab. This is probably one of If not the best Backpacks you can get on the market today and would be a fantastic addition to anyone who enjoys a nice day outs collection.
- Constructed using heavy-duty 1000 denier Nylon.
- Also reinforced stitching for even better durability.
- Drinking system is protected by impressive Microban, anti-micro bacterial treatment.
- Waist belt with more space to store extra items.
- Bite me valve makes it easy to get a drink whilst on the go.
- More than enough storage space.
- Because of the materials used this bag will be extremely difficult to damage and therefore means you won’t have to purchase a replacement for many years (hopefully). This will save you a lot of money in the long run!
- 8-liter drink capacity should be more than enough to last your trip. You even have the option to bring another drink in the side pouch of this Bag.
- Coming with impressive additions that would usually cost you extra cash such as the waist strap.
- Price, coming in at $177 this is more than double the price of the other Backpack/Hydration bladder combinations we’ve reviewed. Although we can see where the extra costs come from, it may just be out of your budget!
- Weighs more than any of the other options, could become tiring after carrying for a while.
Although we must admit that this is one of the best Bags you can currently purchase the price tag will still put a lot of avid cyclists/hikers off and we don’t blame them. When you can purchase a bag that essentially does the same job for less than half of the price there must be some pretty good reasons to spend the extra cash.
If you are willing to spend that much on enhancing your experience then this is undoubtedly the bag for you and we’re pretty sure you won’t have to buy a replacement for many years!
Right, so this is the fifth addition to our list and means we’re halfway there. So far we’ve seen some great products that would all do a great job of keeping you Hydrated on a long trip. The Source Tactical is no different and comes packed with impressive features and everything you need to enhance your exercising experience whilst ensuring you’re always hydrated. This comes in the middle of the price range and is a good option for anyone looking for a 2-in-one Backpack/Hydration Bladder!
- Taste free bladder, easy to open, easy to drink
- BPA and phthalate free
- 3-liter multi-function hydration pack
- Works with other Source products thanks to QMT (Quick mare technology)
- Tuck away Shoulder straps
- Can be worn as a backpack
- High-quality build that will last you years without breaking. As well as a guaranteed taste-free drink you can also feel confident that there won’t be any damaging chemicals being released into your water/other beverage.
- Price, at just $52 this is the cheapest backpack on our list so far, if you’re on a smaller budget but are still looking for a high quality and effective Hydration bladder then this could be the perfect option for you!
- There is not one rating on the Amazon Marketplace that is under 4 stars; this proves just how impressed consumers were with this product.
- When compared to some of the other backpacks on the market the Source Tactical Advanced Mobility doesn’t have the largest amount of storage space, although it will still be enough for most people.
It was genuinely difficult for us to fins some negatives surrounding this product. From nearly 40 reviews on the Amazon marketplace, there was nothing negative to be found! This should prove to consumers that this is a reliable backpack and one which will last you a while. Also thanks to the QMT (Quick Mate Technology) you can add other accessories that could come in handy throughout your trip.
- High-performance, multi-functional hydration pack; 3-liter WXP hydration bladder (100 ounces)
- Can be worn backpack style, inserted in rucks, or direct-attached to MOLLE on vests or rucks
- Tuck-away shoulder straps; sternum strap for added stability; zippered top opening for quick access to reservoir; external fill port
- Taste-free WXP reservoir with wide, easy-access opening; non-bite Storm push-pull valve for straw-like drinking; BPA and phthalate free
- Drinking tube with Cool Weave cover blocks UV light and insulates
The forward Hydration Backpack/Bladder combination is ideal for anyone who either runs out of liquid or simply can’t be bothered carrying a massive bottle around with them every time they’re doing exercise. Only costing consumers $30 this is one of the cheapest hydration bladders on our list but should not be underestimated!
It is jam packed with useful features and has clearly taken a lot of time to design and thin through. If you’re an athlete who would like to enhance their overall experience, ensuring they’re always hydrated and can always get a drink on the go then this could be exactly what you were looking for.
- 2-liter Hydration Bladder.
- Adjustable components.
- Locking Bite valve.
- Interior pockets.
- Exterior Mesh pockets.
- BPA free, Leak-proof bladder.
- Thanks to this product high-quality build and lifetime warranty you can guarantee that you won’t need to purchase another anytime soon!
- Loads of features are packed into this backpack, this is great for customers.
- To say this isn’t the biggest of the backpacks we’ve reviewed the forward team has done an extremely good job of utilizing the whole bag for extra storage space. Exterior mesh pockets on the side, bungees on the front and pockets on the inside of this bag give the user more than enough room to put extra items.
- Price, this is the cheapest on our list so far and the overall quality and usage have not changed at all when compared to some other models. Also, there hasn’t been one review below a 3-star rating on the Amazon marketplace proving how much consumers enjoyed using this backpack.
- A few customers have complained that this product is slightly too small, but still what they expected for the price. In other words, if you’re a larger person you may want to check out some of the other options first.
- When compared to some of the other models on the market this doesn’t have the best build materials and could break easily.
If you’re looking for a good quality, easy to use backpack/hydration bladder combination that won’t break the bank then there aren’t many cheaper options. Also coming with a lifetime guarantee which also instills confidence that you won’t need to make another purchase anytime soon! The Forward team have done a great job with this bag and created s product which would be a great addition to most people’s wardrobe.
- ✓ DURABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - High quality, lightweight hydration pack with 2 liter bladder, breathable material & extreme durability for dry comfort & outdoor use
- ✓ HYDRATION BLADDER INCLUDED: Includes 2 Liter BPA-Free bladder with hose clip to position on either shoulder strap for easy drinking. Locking bite valve helps prevent leaks and a wide opening makes it easy to add ice!
- ✓ LOADED WITH ENHANCED FEATURES - Large interior pocket & exterior mesh pocket for more storage for snacks, cell phones, keys, and other gear. Hose clip, reflective trim and a bungee to hold your jacket, no other gear necessary when you bring your Forward Hydration Pack along.
- ✓ LIFETIME WARRANTY - At Forward, we take great pride in selling high-quality products that last! We appreciate our customers and offer you a 100% Lifetime guarantee!
- ✓ LARGE 2 LITER 72 oz BLADDER - Remain hydrated for longer duration w/ BPA Free, FDA Approved, Leak Proof bladder
Another amazing value for money option is the seventh installment on our list and is brought to us by SportSun. They specialize in hiking, fishing, and camping equipment so this Backpack/Hydration bladder combo fits right in! Costing customers an amazing $24 this is the cheapest combination you’ll find on this list, but there has been no fall in quality and we can tell that users have loved this product.
Perfect for anyone who enjoys going hiking, on a bike ride, or is even just going on a long trip. You can store 2 liters of water which should be more than enough to keep you hydrated, and you can refill the bladder at any time.
- Made using high-quality
- Designed for added storage, one layer for your bladder another for additional items.
- 2-liter BPA-free
- Can drink on the go thanks to the liquid tube.
- Both Exterior and Interior Cameras.
- Thick TPU material and sealing valve ensure no leaks get through.
- Price, seen as this is the cheapest combination on our list the price has to be the first positive. Costing an amazing $24 this would be a cost effective yet good addition to anyone’s kit.
- Customer reviews, many people automatically think that because a product is cheaper than the other options it won’t be as good. Well according to Amazon customers this is one of the best on the market gaining an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars!
- Hydration bladder will keep you hydrated for hours whether you’re cycling, walking, running or even just doesn’t want to carry a bottle around all day.
- There wasn’t really anything in particular that we could find to put here, a few customers said it had a pretty basic design but we would expect nothing more for $24!
To say this is the cheapest Bag on our list we were really impressed with the quality and amount of features that came packed inside. Also because everyone gave this product a 4 or 5-star rating on Amazon we know that it was loved by users and there’s not one person who wouldn’t recommend it to another person! If you need one of these combinations but don’t want to break the bank this is ideal for you.
- Extremely durable and high-quality material for long hikes and other outdoor activities
- Designed with two storage compartments for 2L hydration bladder and side pockets for small accessories
- A suction pipe and valve enable drinking without taking the back off the hydro backpack
- Very comfortable mesh straps allow durability even with higher weights on the shoulders
- 2L food grade bladder with large water cover for never running out of water
We’re coming towards the end of our list of the best hydration bladders available on the market, and next up Is the FlyHawk Hydration Backpack/bladder combo. You can get this in 5 different colors which include Brown, Black and 3 different ‘Digital’ designs, this gives the ability to pick their favorite and may even pick one which matches their usual walking/cycling outfit.
This is one of the cheaper options that we have gone over and has recently been reduced from $60 to $33 on the Amazon marketplace so now could be the perfect time for you to pick up your first Backpack and Hydration bladder.
- Large 5-liter Bladder
- Designed for comfort
- High flow bite valve
- If you’re not satisfied with your bag you can get your money back as long as it is in within the first 30 days of purchasing!
- Interior and Exterior pockets
- High-quality Nylon and mesh used in the build give users a bit of confidence that they won’t need to buy a replacement anytime soon.
- Price, coming in at only $33 (nearly half of the original retail price) this product offers great value for money and is one of the cheapest backpacks we’ve reviewed.
- Slightly larger Bladder than others that are around the same price. 2.5 liters of liquid should be more than enough to keep you hydrated throughout your trip!
- Mesh parts of the bag can easily get caught and rip, but as long as you’re sensible everything should be fine.
It was hard for us to find any negatives surrounding this product, it seems as if users felt the same with 97% of reviews leaving the FlyHawk with a 5-star rating. There was only one person who didn’t give this Backpack 5 stars! Also, the added water capacity could come in handy for many people and ensure that they won’t run out of water at any time.
- √ Large Capacity and Storage Space: big 2.5L water bladder meet your hydration needs.Front pocket for some daily necessities. The water bladder is detachable and easy to clean.
- √ Designed For Comfort: Breathable mesh pads on the back and adjustable shoulder/chest straps are comfortable.
- √ Profession High-Flow Bite Valve:wide opening hydration bladder, clean the bladder and add ice cube easily.Easy locking shutoff valve to prevent accidental leaks and also keep water clean.
- √ Water Resistant and Durable:the Hydration Pack has durable hard-wearing nylon cloth with waterproof coating.
- √ Guarantee Service: If you are not 100% satisfied with this product, please contact us and we offer 30 days free money back guarantee.Click Add to Cart now!
The source Hydration Carrier case does not come with a hydration bladder and is the first backpack on our list that doesn’t. Although you can purchase a bladder separately that will fit perfectly into the bag. Costing users $25 which is half of the price of the other source backpack we reviewed; although the other model does include a Hydration bladder.
This is still a great backpack that comes at a really good price and shouldn’t be overlooked! Coyote is the only color available and all of the bags were made in the USA. Maybe you had a different bag which broke and you now need a new one, but not a new bladder; this could be the perfect solution.
- High-quality materials
- Chest strap
- Padded to ensure Bladder is kept safe
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Easy access at any time
- You have the option of whether or not to add in a hydration reservoir, if you’re going on holiday you could use this as a normal rucksack.
- No limit on the size of water bladder you can add in, most combinations only let you have a 2/2.5 liter reservoir whereas this bag can carry anywhere up to 3 liters on your trip.
- USMC, usually used by the US military which can prove it is a reliable and good quality Hydration Carrier.
- Price, to say that you don’t receive a Hydration bladder the $25 price tag is a bit higher than expected. Although this is a high-quality product, we know that you can pick up a backpack/Hydration Reservoir combination for cheaper!
- Only 1 color available which doesn’t leave the customer with many options.
The last entry on our list, the Deuter is just a singular Hydration Reservoir; there is no backpack included! You have the option to purchase either a 2 liter or 3-liter model both of which are made of high-quality Nylon and are guaranteed to be 100% leak-proof.
- No plastic taste
- Inner surface as smooth as glass
- Helix valve allows constant flow of liquid
- Streamer Clip
- More than one size available which gives customers a good range of choice
- High quality, leak free nylon material has been used, this means users can confidently attach this product to their backpack when running, hiking, cycling or doing any other form of exercise and constantly stay hydrated.
- No plastic taste and guaranteed hygienic cleanliness thanks to the special molecular properties of this bladder.
- Price, to say this reservoir will cost consumers $32 or more we can’t really see any standout features, especially when you can get a backpack/bladder combination for cheaper than this alone.
This is a stand-alone bladder which could be perfect for anyone who already owns a suitable backpack and is looking to ensure they always stay hydrated. Although we wouldn’t recommend this otherwise as you could get a very similar product that will come with a backpack for less than $30!
- Streamer 2.0 L / 70 oz hydration bladder included
- Mesh shoulder straps and Airstripes back system for all-round ventilation
- With the zip tabs secured by press studs, the bladder tube can exit directly from the main compartment for instant use
- Volume: 3 L
- Weight: 1 lbs 2 oz / 500 g
We have given you all of the information needed when deciding which Hydration Bladder or Bladder/Backpack combination is best for you. There are hundreds of different models available on the market and with a lot of research and reading we’ve come up with what we believe to be the best overall options available.
We have taken all factors from features to price into consideration and don’t think there are many if any better options! There is no doubt that these will grow in popularity and are already one of the best ways to stay hydrated whilst doing exercise. It is undoubtedly easier than carrying a water bottle around with you all of the time and can store a lot more water than most bottles also. If you are looking for one specifically for cycling, then buy a small option.
Thank you for reading we hope that you managed to find a bladder that you like and will soon become a piece of your daily exercise equipment. If you want to learn a bit more about hydration bladders and how they could help you make sure you check out some of our other pieces.
Image Source: Amazon.com, Pixabay